Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Beauty of Blustery Days

There is nothing more beautiful to me than a gray day.  I guess that's because it's all I've ever known.  I'm a Third Generation Washingtonian, so I guess it's in my genes.  So I love the transitional seasons like Fall and Spring....the world and weather are all in a tizzy.  I love the excitement of a storm brewing and how it makes my heart excited.  I'm also at my very core a Winnie the Pooh fan, and so I imagine Piglet talking to Eeyore and telling him "Happy Windsday".
Last night when I came home I was exhausted...my body ached and my heart was weary.
Immediately as I drove up I could see the bouncy ears of my girls, eagerly awaiting my arrival and a little dinner.  I walked towards the house and could see Charley watching me....we were greeting each other non-verbally....knowing what each of us were thinking.  Mommy was home....there was going to be some playing....there was going to be some eating....we would huddle together til Daddy got home later.
First thing I came outside to feed the girls, Charley and Corky walking with....Charley carrying his trusty frisbee in his mouth, dropping it every few steps.  The wind was blowing and at first I said "wait" but then I couldn't help myself....so we played catch, the frisbee getting a lot of "english" from the wind....Charley watching and chasing it....9 times out of 10 catching it.
I brought my girls their dinner and proceeded to "muck" their "house"....there was an excitement in the air, the wind was blowing...it felt like any minute the rain would pour down....it felt like a fun race to see if I could get done before the "storm" set in.
When I was done tossing the old hay out, I looked to see Corky barking at a golf ball, throwing it in the air, chasing it, his hair blowing in the wind.  Charley sat close by, watching me, frisbee in his mouth.  I had to smile....I feel so lucky to have such great dogs.
I threw the frisbee a few more times, and then we went inside.  I fed the dogs, and sat on the couch, enjoying a hard apple cider....glad to be sitting down.  I opened the laptop and just started surfing around.
Charley sat at my feet....Corky sat on the computer....and I decided that we should have some smoochy time.  So I wrestled with Corky, and yelled for Charley to join us on the couch for some smoochy time.  I rubbed bellies, we kissed, I laughed and didn't give a thought to the hair flying all over my couch.
I am blessed by the sweet creatures in my life....and for the husband who shares it with me.  I'm thankful for the little dog who reminded me of what is important....and I cherished the moment we had together....the moment that everything was right in our little world.  These are the moments I live for....these are the moments that get me through my day....this is everything good in my little world.  Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment