Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Day Off of Work

Yesterday I decided to take the day off work to spend some time in my dirt.  My husband asked a guy to come and rototill for us.  He didn't make it, but I got a Mantis on Saturday so I thought I could do some small jobs.

But....alas....I couldn't get the Mantis started....on to plan C.  I planted some beautiful edible Geraniums which smell like Lemon, Lime and Coconut.  Makes me hungry for tequila
Spent some time with my beautiful husband and our sweet lovely girls....I think a love affair is beginning between Cali and Gordon....but alas....I'm not jealous.




And so....after that I hand-hoed my little patch from last year and planted some Sweet Onions, Red Onions, Cilantro, Epizote, Oregano, German Thyme, Spearmint, and my favorite....the thing I've been waiting to get in the ground....Asparagus.....so 2 years from now we'll be able to have fresh, right out of the ground asparagus.  I will watch my little patch closely.



Today was not the day I envisioned....but it was a day....a beautiful day....where I spent some time with my husband, my goats, and my sweet dogs.  I've gotten some things in the ground....I got some good exercise....and got dirty....which is what I said I wanted to do.

1 comment:

  1. The goats will love the special garden you're preparing for them!! ;)
    Lovely post!!

    ReplyDelete