Friday, April 5, 2013

I Get To Be Me Til Monday

I took the easy road this morning and drove....It was great this morning because I left my house at 6:30 anwd got to work by 7:30ish...I got to leave during lunch and by the end of the day, when all the numbers on the spread sheet I've been working on for a grant matched up, I left, excited, ready to catch a boat and head home.
Well....it's Friday in the Ferry Line....and I was in the line for an hour (2 boats)....I spent the time reading my book thinking about how tomatoes smell in the garden....and what I want to do tomorrow in the garden.  
I kept thinking this song "I Don't Have to be Me Til Monday"....and I thought, no....the girl who loves to see her goats, play frisbee with her big dog, play squeaky toy with her little dog....who likes to welcome her husband home from a long day with a kiss and tell him stories about her day....that's me.  So....I went to Diamond Knot Brewery and bought a growler of Brown Ale and read until my boat came.  I thought of how much my life had changed since the first time I went to that place, back when it was "Cheers Too" with a date, who became my best friend, and how I was living in a dingy apartment on Rucker with a nasty roommate and a wacked out dog....and how now, I am a goat lady, who is adored by her husband and has 2 dogs who are pretty calm submissive.  Things change a lot in 13 years.  
So....I came home....did my "chores" and poured myself a glass of the brown ale and decided to bring a taste to my husband who is preparing food for a wedding tomorrow.....came back and played frisbee with Sweet Charley.
I'm blessed to have a good job....I'm blessed to have this dream here....and I look forward to what this weekend brings....and so....for 2 days I get to be me....the wife of Gordon....the mami of Charley, Corky, Layla, Cali and Daisy.



No comments:

Post a Comment