Thursday, April 10, 2014

On the Eve of Change.....Again

Last September Gordon and I made the decision that I would leave my job in Everett for a job with less pay, and less hours so that I could be close to home....close to our babies.....and closer to my dreams and my passion....creating a space for my creatures.

In the mean time....or maybe during that time, a good friend and mentor suggested that I start making floral jellies....she offered her help and support to make a good business out of it.  I listened and then put that on the back burner.

And so I worked at my job....met some great people and even some who again really put a fire under the idea again, and really helped me find the Maker within me, along with this awakening I had, I also learned how to spin and crochet and I began to have these passions come out in me I didn't even realize I had.


 Well....Spring started to come to our little hill and the idea started coming back to me....so I started the ball rolling....in my very slow Kaycee fashion, figuring I would get things done this Summer and Spring, and I would work a my job and grow some veggies for Gordon, etc.

Two weeks ago, I had a chat with my supervisor and she let me know that they were going to have to lay me off.  At first I was worried, I didn't know how I was going to tell Gordon....I didn't know how we were going to make it....but as the initial shock wore off, I realized I was given an amazing opportunity to do the things that only seemed like a dream....and how things have been in my life, I have been given the opportunity to make my dream a reality.....I may fall flat on my face, but I have a Summer to figure it out....before I found out I was going to lose my job, I was talking with my friend about this dream and she told me there comes a point that you have to just jump on the train and take the risk and make it happen.....and as the case with me and the Universe, I was basically told, this is it....jump or walk away....and so I am jumping, I'm going to try it....and because my sweet husband is behind me and I have been blessed with amazing friends who are also behind me, I may just succeed.


And so today, as I was at my last "Team Meeting" and we spent a few minutes talking about my plans, I realized how much I will miss this group of women I have spent the last 6 months with....their friendship.....the way we worked together to create an amazing space for our charges to explore and learn.....I will miss the kiddos, their dramas and joys.

And as I stood under our maple, planting hops I looked up and thanked the Universe for this amazing opportunity.....and I took a deep breath and had Wabi Sabi Hill embrace me and welcome me to the next installment of this beautiful journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment