Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Discoveries

Today was spent outside....Gordon did some mowing....I weed whacked....and did some planting and some weeding.  he last few weeks while weeding the herb garden, I've noticed some plants that I thought were our nasturtiums that got moved by the cat, or had gotten pushed down by the rain.

Today I was out there again and I noticed that they were getting bigger, and I wondered if maybe they were mint plants that I had planted last year and they got rototilled somewhere else.

But today, I was looking at them....I noticed that it seemed that the slugs and snails were maybe munching on my sweet little plants, and so I grabbed a leaf and tasted it....it wasn't minty, so I wondered.....I pulled out the plant and I discovered a little radish on the bottom....so....for some reason that I can't even fathom...rogue radishes are growing there.

And the other discovery I made today, while cleaning out the goat house, I was yelling to get the girls away from my strawberry plants (I yelled so loud that Gordon heard me at the restaurant)....so I got them away from the same strawberry plant they have pulled out 5 times so far.....I shut the gate and walked over to my lilac bush.....the prized tree on our beautiful hill.....I noticed that the blossoms are blooming.....what a beautiful acknowledgement of Earth Day......things are coming together on our hill.  Very very excited.


1 comment: