Thursday, March 27, 2014

Life Does Go On

I've been sick this week....and so I've spent a lot of time watching the news....learning more and more about the landslide in Oso....hearing reporters talk about the river I grew up on....floated down on....taught Charley to swim in....and my heart broke.  I didn't directly know anyone who lost their home or life....I didn't have to evacuate all our creatures, or wonder about what happened to Charley, but living in a small town you learn very quickly that what effects one effects all....I know it even more now that I live on an Island which is like a small town wrapped in a small town.

Today I went outside to muck the girls' house....and get some fresh air....to let the dogs get some fresh air.  I sat on their milking stand watching them, I noticed all the new growth that has started since I was outside earlier this week....I noticed the lilac bush Gordon planted on Layla's grave is starting to bud....our apple and pear treas are waking up.....the nettles are bigger.....life here is moving on.

And that is what came to my mind...Life Does Move On....next year the road to Oso will be fixed, the river will continue to flow.....people will still have lost loves of their life....they will live somewhere else.....things will never be the way they were before.....BUT life will move on....and there will be other disasters in other places, and we will rally behind them....but because we are who we are we will flow....like the river....different but with the same intention.....maybe even stronger.....wiser.....but we will flow on.


No comments:

Post a Comment