Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Chef

I'm grateful for my husband for so many reasons....but this weekend it hit me as I was sitting at the table at Gordon's on Blueberry Hill with a woman I've known since childhood, her partner, her daughter and grandchildren and I watched everyone at the table savoring every bite....sharing....enjoying.....and I thought, "This is my husband's work."  I think I forget....or at least take it for granted that every bite you eat of his food is amazing....his knowledge and understanding of flavors....his inspirations.....his passions....all come together to soothe and awaken your palate at the same time.


And I don't think it's because they were there with me.  I meet people on the street and they find out who my husband is and they say..."Oh my....we LOVE Gordon!" and then they'll tell me what they're favorite meal is.

Not only is he a good "cooker"....he's also a teacher and mentor to every kid who's ever come in for a job, and who could make it through the back breaking labor of working in his kitchen.  He cares about them, trains them, helps them.....and when the time comes, watches them "fly away" from their "little nest".

If Gordon weren't my husband, I would still love his food, and want to know him, and the mind behind his amazing meals.

I just wanted to share what this talented man brings into this world.  (Not to mention he's also a first class dog carer, goat wrangler, and wife helper.)


No comments:

Post a Comment