Monday, February 10, 2014

From the time that Charley and I first met at the Everett Animal Shelter in April of 2002, we have been inseparable...at times it has felt like him and I against the world....and we were happy....and content....a team....and I have always felt blessed.


And then one day, Gordon came to our house....and Charley....because he is a good judge of character....welcomed Gordon into our pack without a second thought....it was like Charley had been waiting for him his whole life....like we both were....and so we welcomed Gordon into our pack....and the 3 of us were happy.


And then....because I thought Charley should have an heir, we went to the Shelter again and found a sweet Havanese-Yorkie mix who was afraid of dogs, grass, stairs and loud noises....and we took him home because he was so cute....and Charley welcomed him, was a gracious host and has been great with having this little boy in our pack....and we were happy....




And so Corky grew and changed and our pack enjoyed our time together....and we loved each other and lived our little life.

And then our girls came....the plan was for Charley to have a job....but Mamma was protective and butted him....but we all learned to live together and love each other....and Corky played with the girls as much as a little dog can with goats....and parts of our hearts were opened by these beautiful girls....and we lost mamma, and we clung to each other even more.  Through all of this Charley continued to be gracious and seemed to enjoy this new part of our lives.....and we became a herd....and it was good.







And so....we decided to have a cat join our herd....and gracious Charley welcomed this calm, respectful, funny cat named Nigel into our herd.


And so....2 became 3....and 3 became 4....and 4 became 7.....and then 6....and now 7.....I am blessed that my companion who knows my heart better than me has embraced this "Herd Life" we have been blessed with.....and I am blessed by the love that each of the creatures I share my hill with and the joy that their presence gives me.


No comments:

Post a Comment