Saturday, August 10, 2013

There's Always Hope

We've been watching our Layla very closely.....she's not getting up, we've given her a transfusion with blood from her daughter, Cali....we've given her shots, hand fed her, basically poured water down her throat.

It's been emotional to say the least.  I've had sick animals before, and what I know is that it is up and down.  What I know is that they break your heart.

I've spent the last few days sitting with her, talking to her, singing to her, just loving our sweet Layla.  She's always had a sparkle in her eye....in my experience when they lose that sparkle, it's time for them to go.

So today when I was sitting with her, watching her eat the tops off of her hay, I asked her what she was thinking.....I was thinking about how it's nice with animals because they can choose to go.  I was crying with her, watching her, but she seems kind of OK.

As I left I looked at our little garden.  We have corn that has been really small....I've really not expected the corn to do much.  But there on our little tiny corn plants are the beginnings of corn.....I can't believe it!!!!!  And what I know beyond the shadow of any doubt is that there is always hope.....there's always hope.....and for that I am thankful....I'm thankful for a little sprout of corn silk showing me that I should never give up....and in the immortal words of Dori "Just keep swimming."  and that is what the Stewart herd will cling to.




No comments:

Post a Comment