Monday, July 8, 2013

And so it begins......

 I came home tonight.....a half hour early because one of my co-workers took me to the ferry....thank you Irma!!!!!!!!!  Anyway....I came home tonight to my girls, and boys and very sweet husband and let the girls out of their pen....and while they roamed I mucked and Gordon guarded the garden.


 He began to exclaim that things were starting to grow in our sweet little garden.  After I finished my chores I went to look and there they were.....the beginnings of the fruits of our labor.....I am not a farmer, heck I'm not even that great of gardener.....but I love building a relationship with the ground where I live....I love caring for and nurturing the things around me.
 And so I get excited when the starts of beautiful yummy things are beginning to show themselves.  The rocket squash are beginning....something we planted and watched and watered is starting to grow.....
 The tomatoes I chose and have worried over are beginning to do their job and become the tomatoes they're supposed to be.....
 Peas....grabbing onto the chicken wire I put in....becoming yummy peas that my husband has already put in salads.


 Corn that is knee high by the Fourth of July....
 Brussels Sprouts, Kohrabi, Zucchini, Green Beans for Dilly Beans in August and Sweet Peas ordered from catalogs by a wide eyed little gardener looking forward to what would come up.....Pumpkins planted on the first New Moon in May because I read about it in "Farmer Boy"


 Flowers from seeds and starts and tubers.....all doing what they're being told to do my Mother Nature.
 I guess I'm writing about the joy and growth that is happening because there's been a lot of weird energy on my Island.....bad people with selfish motives doing all they can to make this not an Island....but a place where people look out for "Number One" and don't see the beauty of stopping and helping....or the good their neighbor is trying to do for their community.




 And so I walked around our place, looking for the growth....the apples that will become Cider and Applesauce.....the life and beauty that is happening in this space....all watched over by Saint Francis who preached to birds.....I guess this rant is to send good energy to the people on my Island who are feeling frustrated or disheartened.....in this place....where the energy flows well and it refills my soul after my battles out in the world....I send out the good that is here.....and I hope that anyone reading this knows that there is good here....there is love here.
And the sweet peas are blooming and for that I am grateful....and blessed.....and I hope that at this moment that is a little closer to enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment